So I think we can all agree that one thing that certainly isn’t in short supply at Christmas time is the amount of Christmas songs which start to circulate the radio stations so that by January we’ve been brainwashed by Mariah Carey. I love a good Christmas tune, they’re the songs I sing at the bus stop when I’ve forgotten my earphones, the songs everybody knows, the ones that just make you smile so so much.
And so, to celebrate the season I’ve compiled a playlist of my favourite winter and Christmas tunes below and you can also find this playlist on my Spotify account: interstellarem or by pasting this link into your browser: https://open.spotify.com/user/jaxf17zg5urm6bjb6xgymar1d/playlist/1pzonLNhLnB7hYqAo3RXRc
It’s the perfect thing to stick on whilst you tirelessly wrap presents or slave away in the kitchen making gingerbread. A good playlist can make a chore feel like a choice.
(Side note: I am genuinely so proud of my wrapping this year, i feel like I’ve gone all out with the bit of ribbon and adore this wrapping paper from John Lewis – one roll has wrapped everything for this year and left plenty for next year!)
Without further ado here’s the songs I’ve chosen:
My Christmas Playlist
1) Half The World Away by AURORA
2) Cold – acoustic by Sam Saemaeng
3) Home by Gabrielle Aplin
4) Where’s my love – acoustic by SYML
5) Golden Slumbers by Elbow
6) Fairytale of New York (feat. Kirsty McColl) by The Pogues
7) Last Christmas by Wham!
8) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Sam Smith
9) Holly Jolly Christmas by Michael Buble
10) Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea
11) The Little Drummer Boy by Bing Crosby
12) Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt
13) Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Dean Martin
14) Is This Christmas? – Radio Edit by The Wombats
15) Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie
16) I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday by Wizzard
17) Wherever You Will Go by Charlene Soraia
18) Christmas Time (Don’t let the Bells End) by The Darkness
19) Hey There Delilah by Plain White T’s
20) The Night We Met by Lord Huron
The playlist is called My Christmas Playlist and I think it’s a good mix of classic Christmas, some modern Christmas as well as some old style chilled out tunes that are easy to relax to. Not all fall into the Christmas category but they all remind me of being indoors and cosy this time of year.
I think my favourite has to be Baby It’s Cold Outside by Dean Martin because it reminds me of Elf which is the best Christmas film ever! Let me know your favourites or if you think some other tunes should be on there.
Thanks Always, Em x